Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dating?

So I am currently trying to remember back to the time when I started being interested in boys..
Why I thought I had to be tied to one? Why I cared if one called me (or didn't call)?
I felt old when it happened but I am pretty sure I was only 15 maybe.
I may have feigned interest before that time but it wasn't because I really cared I just wanted to do what everyone else was doing.

So the reason all of this has come up and has had me wandering down memory lane, Is because Samantha has decided she has gotten to the point where she (thinks) she has to have one in her life.
Now mind you the boy in question is nice enough, he is involved in school stuff, he seems respectful enough.
For some reason though it has brought on a whole new set of problems that I really could live without.

We have always had the "NO DATING RULE" until you are 16. I'm pretty sure that she has known about this rule since at least kindergarten.
Not because I think a boy will ruin her life before that, but because I want her to worry about school, friends, family, her extracurricular stuff at school.
For some reason girls have a hard time with this. All of those things don't seem to quite matter when all they want is the boy.

Sammy of all the kids has always been mature for her age. Has had to be mature at times because of the things going on around her. She is an amazing young woman. Her mother is just not ready for the things that come with this new fascination.
I swear it was not that long ago that is was me dealing with it.
How do I have a daughter that is that old already. They grow up way to fast!

To say the least we are trying to be as positive about it as we can, and HOPE that all the things we have taught her will prevail.
Just a little note for her..You are beautiful and talented, outgoing,and an amazing friend.
You don't need a boy to be any of those things. He can come along for the ride but if he isn't on board with who you need to be..........he doesn't need to be there..

So for any of you with advice or a great way to get us through the teenage years please advise..LOL

No comments: